Quiet Enjoyment noisy rude neighbors can their landlords evict them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitch08

OK here is the deal the house across the street recently sold and the owners are now renting it out. we live on a quiet street with kids playing up and down the street and my 6 year old son. our new neighbors are constantly outside playing their rap music and swearing, screaming, fighting, speeding down the street, we have attempted to talk to them about the way they are behaving and they have physically assaulted both me and my husband in front of our 6 year old police have been called on them roughly around 13 times in the past 2 months. they have been arrested for assault harassment minor in possession of alcohol. we have taken videos and have a surveillance camera recording at all times we have been talking to the landlord telling him what has been going on and how it has to stop we have sent him multiple videos of what we have to deal with on a daily basis. after the harassment charges were brought up on their tenants they proceed to tell us things seem to be calming down so they will not be taking any further actions against them. it is not just us that is having a problem with them there are about 15 other houses that have been calling the police and the landlords and complaining is there something we can do to either make the landlord evict them or if they city can make him do it? I mean seriously my 6 year old should not be asking me what a NI**er is or what is sex and why are the neighbors wiping each others butts i mean seriously that is the language these kids are picking up from them.

You can't force the landlord to take action, no.

But you can keep making police reports.

What did the DA do after you and your husband were physically assaulted?

they would not let me press charges against her but they let my husband and all that has been done so far is the other neighbors who witnessed the attack have gone up there and put in their statements. just waiting to hear back on whats going to happen.

If I were you, I'd avoid these criminals.

These types of creatures are prone to violence, sometimes culminating in death.

These creatures will cut their own throats.

Stay away from them, as they could cut yours, too.

Keep your children inside, or take them to far away parks.

You live in Michigan, so, it'll be cold soon!!!

Until then, stay away from these potential killers and known lawbreakers.

Contact with these creatures only means contamination and trouble. Avoid these violent vermin. If they batter or abuse you, immediately call "911"!

Do not try to resist these demons, unless you have a death wish. These creatures are deadly.

Laws and civilization mean nothing to these uncivilized louts.

Do not, I repeat, attempt to reason with these beasts.

They have nothing, thus they have nothing to lose.

You have much to lose.

Avoid those critters like they had the black death.

Laws and courts mean something to civilized people.

You're dealing with an uncivilized, lower order, life form. Avoid them!!!

Last edited:
Keep doing what you are doing. Report anything that you believe needs police action, but do not confront the neighbors directly since you already know that will lead to violence.
You and your neighbors can't force the landlord to do anything, but if you keep it up you can make it very unpleasant for those people to live there and they just might leave on their own.
I would not ignore them though. If you just ignore them then they know they have got the best of you and they will have no incentive to leave or change their behavior.
Talk with your other neighbors and make sure you are all on the same page. If you are the only one that ever reports anything then the police will likely become weary of your reports. If the reports are coming from different people then they will recognize the problem and focus on the trouble makers.

At the same time, keep in mind that it is not illegal for them to be outside and play music. If they are fighting, speeding down the street, or playing their music so loud that it is disturbing the peace (meaning for the most part that you can hear it within the privacy of your home), or commiting acts of vandalism or other mischief, then you can certainly report it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back