Quiet Enjoyment Noise problems/lease violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

engmajor

I am having a huge problem with my neighbor - she starts banging around, slamming things, and whatnot only after about 10 at night. Initially I knocked on her door, and she didn't answer, nor could the landlord give out her phone number per her request. We've sent letters to the landlord, e-mails, phone calls, and have gotten nowhere except being accused of lying and yelled at by the landlord. The landlord keeps putting it on us, when it says in our lease we have the right to quiet enjoyment. By not doing anything about this, isn't the landlord violating her end of the lease? This has been going on five months now, and has yet to be resolved. I haven't called the police either, because it seems stupid to waste civic resources on a matter of common courtesy, and she isn't playing loud music or anything like that. She's just like a bull in a china shop, and we need our rest! Also, the offending tenant is a lawyer, which apparently gives her more credibility and sway with our landlord. We're at the point of desperation, where we want to break our lease, but the landlord tells us we are responsible for the remainder of the term, which is some absurd amount of money. Do we have any legal recourse? Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back