Noise Pollution

Status
Not open for further replies.

lansmama0615

We have been dealing with noisy neighbors since 2004. They have a commercial backhoe in which they use like is a wheel barrow. We tried speaking with the neighbor to no avail. We spoke to our towns building inspector who is friends with our neighbor and nothing was done. We have even gone to the board of health and have called the police several times and they basically came and said there is no noise ordinance in our town and that they can ask them to stop but they can run it til 10pm 7 days a week if they choose. Its been so bad at times that my infant son has not been able to sleep in his room because of the constant noise. My questions are 1st is it considered harassment if you ask someone to stop doing something that is bothering you and they continue? 2nd Is there any other way to deal with this without filing suit in court? 3rd is it worth filing suit and spending money? My families anxiety level is terrible! My four year old son is even yelling at them! We can't have parties in the summers because they are out there almost every weekend. Now its spilt over to the winter months too. In addition to the backhoe problem there are other instances of their inconsiderate noise like this past weekend they let an lawn tractor idle for 2 hours and ran chainsaws on and off for about 6 hours for Sat and Sunday....

The problem appears to be you moved next to a lot which is under constant construction. Though unfortunate, you should have considered your quiet enjoyment could be tainted by their desire to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back