No Representation from lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

angels28504

:confused: My brother was on trial for accidentall shooting his wife. The Da chose to tear down my brothers character beginning with his ex claiming he was a drunk and always threatening her with guns. My brothers lawyer called no character witnesses to defend my brother. The lawyer would not call my brothers daughter to the stand to testify even after he asked him to. After the Da rested his case, my brothers lawyer called no one absolutely no one.
He told my brother on WedNesday to go get a blood test. anyone knows you don't just walk in somewhere and ask for a blood test. mY BROTHER HAD ALREADY PAID THIS LAWYER $5,000.00 AND HE WANTS ANOTHER $5,000 FOR DOING NOTHING. He was not prepared at all to defend my brother, now my brother is incarcerated and losing his VA benefits along with his Social Security. He could have suponedd witnesses who worked with my brother before he retired. He could have suponed witnesses who worked with his ex as to her attitude and character. But he did nothing. What can I do to right this wrong done by an ineffective lawyer?
thank you

What would the blood test be used for?

What was the charge? Sounds like an extreme case of neglegence to me, but I could be wrong. (The shooting)

You can try to sue the lawyer for malpractice. You won't find a lawyer to do that for you, so you have to read up and get an education in law.

If your brother truly has been wronged, there is a remedy, you just have to find it.

no represention from lawyer

What would the blood test be used for?

What was the charge? Sounds like an extreme case of neglegence to me, but I could be wrong. (The shooting)

You can try to sue the lawyer for malpractice. You won't find a lawyer to do that for you, so you have to read up and get an education in law.

If your brother truly has been wronged, there is a remedy, you just have to find it.

The lawyer asked her why didn't my brother shoot her when she came home with syphillis? blood test would have shown that my brother had not had syphillis. He was cleaning his gun and forgot there was one left in the chamber and it fired hitting her in the hip as she was sitting on the bed and he was in the hallway while she was talking to him..The lawyer had time, he could have supeoned their medical records in advance. thank you I'm going to keep looking.

feloen in possession of firearm how much time can one get and what kind of plea bargin would be avalible in california court system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back