No Oral Argument has been Requested ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy

I had a court date set for Jan. 15 in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Special Civil Part.

Then I was notified by both the courts and the collectors firm,
that my request which was granted was no longer applicable,
because, "There are no facts in dispute and as a matter of law, plaintiff is entitled judgement.

I disagree with this !

The courts sent me a notice, The motion filed on 12-21-07, in case # DC_ _ _ _
Will be decided on 01-07-08, Do not come to the courthouse because no oral argument has been requested. The courts decision will be sent to you.

I paid a fee of $50, plus $25, etc. for the Motion to be filed for a trial which I was granted.

Then just prior to the Holidays, I received the above !

One of the reasons I want the right for a trial is that the facts behind the debt, are shrouded in fair credit practices on the part of a third party, and that and the facts have been submitted to the Office of the U.S. Attorney, who has submitted them to a Fraud Investigative office, and I am waitng the status of this.

What can I do to deter the courts decision, so that I can regain my ground and have my say ?

I did not want an oral argument because I paid for a trial and did not know or expect this on such a short notice !

I must say I am not experience in financial litigation…………You might want to read your states case law on such issues………You could try visiting an attorney for free initial consultation to evaluate your options or contact the clerk's office to see what motions or actions you can take under the law to best address your concerns. Clerk office always say they don't give advice but are usually willing to direct you in some way……..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back