No expungement in Arizona???? What do I do about my training and certification in Paralegal studies.

A

annamarie

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I realize that some terrible mistakes were made in my life, consequently leaving me with three felony convictions. 1. Unlawful flight ( drove an extra block at 25mph and didn't stop, made police officer angry during a dui and thus resulting in a Felony unlawful flight charge, 2 aggravated assaults on police officers) Non dangerous-non rep. (an officer was never even hit, but because I tried to swing and spit towards one in a drunk, I have these charges). I am not making excuses nor trying to say that I am not responsible for my behaviors, but the law dealt with me rather viciously and harsh. Even probation officers have made the comments, " this sounds a lot worse then it really was and my God makes you look worse then you really and truly are."

Today, I have been clean and sober for over three years, completed my probation successfully, paid off all fines, etc... I have been told that I could have my record " Sealed " in which it wont show up to possible employers or the public, but does to law enforcement. I am in a paralegal training program. I am doing excellent in this and all I would like to do is move on with my life. I realize that due to my past abuse and alcoholism, these crimes were committed, but am I forever doomed of having a life? I am so confused. Am I wasting my time or with hard work do I still have a possible future in the field of paralegal work?

Sincerely,

Annamarie

do I still have a possible future in the field of paralegal work?

Just as much as you do in any other line of work. It's not going to be easy but it's not impossible either.

As to "sealing" your record, I don't know who told you what, but Arizona Revised Statute 13-907 addresses the setting aside of convictions under certain circumstances:

Format Document

It wouldn't hurt to consult a criminal defense attorney and review your options.

Back