NO DUE PROCESS

Ronald Hawkins

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Do an arrest warrant becomes invalid when a police officer mark through a number and add a number after a magistrate signs the warrant. The initial numbers that was marked through was attach to another person.

Huh? What numbers? If a judge issues a warrant for your arrest, you can be arrested.
In Richmond, on the warrant it state the charge and the code, after that is a number that called an IBR number, which is the year and date and four more numbers. The last four number is attach to a person. The number that was mark through belonged to another person with the same charge. (example) 20150930-1234. The warrant was altered

Yes, exactly. He got arrested, the commonwealth made a special request for a motion to expedite his preliminary hearing. He got a preliminary hearing in a 5 days and had his charges dropped. Strange?

Who is "he"? Who are you in this scenario? When and where was this? You mention commonwealth so KY, VA, MA or PA?

He meaning the person that the first number was attached to before they scratch his number out. This happen last year and I've recently been release after 11 months in Richmond, Va. I hope that helps.

The number that was mark through belonged to another person with the same charge. (example) 20150930-1234. The warrant was altered

Just to verify - are you saying you were rightfully charged with the same charge as the other person but they used the same warrant to arrest you by changing the # of the person?

The time to challenge any arrest is at or before trial.
After you've served your time, not much you can do.
You can always discuss any legal issue with a local attorney, or two.

Well the commonwealth dismiss the charge then direct indicted me on the same charge. I couldn't challenge the warrant because they dismissed it because the lab report wasn't back when actually the lab report was back. Its a big mess but I will prevail.

Back