NJ 39:4-81 Failure to observe traffic signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

st0rmshad0w

Date of incident 2/18/2008 time 6:00 pm traffic was medium weather was rainy and road was wet. The area was business, if you are familiar with south nj it was on rt 130 in Haddon twp. My wife was traveling south at 50 mph with another motorist approximately 1 car length behind her. The traffic light turned yellow when she was approximately 2 -3 car lengths from the intersection. My wife chose to go thru yellow light for fear is she stopped the car behind her would strike her. She insits, it was yellow when she entered the intersection. My wife has been licensed to drive in NJ for over 11 years without one citation. So I am inclined to believe her. I would appreciate any recommendations on how to have prosecutor dismiss the charge. :eek:

The cop will contradict your wife.

Whom do you think the judge will believe?

That is what I am afraid of, and that is why i was looking for recommendations. If you have any thoughts I would be interested in hearing them.

That is what I am afraid of, and that is why i was looking for recommendations. If you have any thoughts I would be interested in hearing them.

Have your wife ask the prosecutor for a non-moving violation plea bargain.

It may cost you more but your insurance won't skyrocket and she won't get points.

That was going to be my last resort. I appreciate your time. I strongly support our law enforcement both locally and nationally, it is just a shame that there are some who let the badge go to their head. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back