Licensing New way of production in Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

michalblazej

Jurisdiction
California
Michael, 29 years old.
Have you ever watch 30 Rock I used to a lot, after a glance at screenwriters room idea has come to my brain, that maybe I can just for fun write a message to Google that if they want to, they can share my all data with screenwriters and songwriters and others, at that time for me it was more as a social experiment than a way to make money.
Guess what the scheme has worked, thanks to my ingenuity many artist have used my data even on daily youtube shows. I am totally happy about that but there is a one case in which I believe that it has went to far, I mean someone has mistreated me.
In 2016 I went to United States to illegally make some money for studies in Germany it was about $7000, I am originally from Rzeszow, Poland. During my stay I have been following whats going on in music industry and I have foreseen a niche for Taylor Swift. I knew that Donald Trump is going to win in 2016 mostly because of backlash to women after a eight years of a black man as a president. I knew that Google is going to share my data with her company so I have not bother her or anybody else about the issue. What I have done was simply putting ideas for songs and the Reputation idea into search engine.
I have almost finished Masters in Computer Science so for my is obvious that everything that I put into google is going to be saved in their database plus distributed, also I have been working on the premise that some company will use my data.I even deleted my whole search history because I wanted to show blind fate.Seems fishy and naive, yes a bit I want to say that I wanted to work in music industry, and for me it was more of an slick way to get into.
Anyways what has happened later was simply a miracle for me, my story was used as a model for many artist at that time I decided that I can go to United States again with hopes that somebody will contact and somehow I will be able to get some references and money for my analytics. I was expecting Taylor Swift company to help me back for my contribution. At the same time I was tired of studies in Germany, I am polish and learning in English and working everyday in the morning as a paper boy was to much for me, no night life, working even in hard weather conditions,bad grades at University(I was out of depth).I decided to pack my stuff and go back to United States with hope that since I have already been stalked by her social circle I will receive something in return for an idea that surely was going to be a success and has been used in production same as some other private data usage in marketing. Maybe I have not been contracted but my impact was enough to get paid.
After my landing in United States no answer, nothing I was like it is OK as long as production process is getting easier. Later I got no answer and decided that I will go back to Poland after I have passed my visa deadline, lucky I have been caught by police in Maryland and after a trial my family has paid for my return to Poland.
After that ghosting I got totally depressed, I have given them so much and got nothing instead, not even a ticket to a concert or a reference so I could work in other company. I get it I have not invested a lot in that circus and millions of dollars seems a bit to much but something like kind treatment and some care not from the star but other people from production team seems simply as a decency. Now after four years I am sure,Universal has used my data in many types of production and I have contributed to profit,problem is that my only evidences in that case are things like this.
CCI_000001.jpgIt is a graphic from David Spade show(2:55)

Me as a person that is aware of the mistreatment sees this picture as a Taylor Swift who almost always uses red lipstick and her two producers one is a Max Martin he is a Swedish world-class song writer.He is a rock-metal artist.There is few of thing like this I am very thankful for that support before I felt like a mental case.
It is not like I want $1 000 000 or more from Taylor Swift, I just want a fair treatment from her company.Because of their bad behavior I have lost all my savings and went out of depth and had to work in low paid jobs like food delivery where I have been making less money than during my studies from scholarships.My mother and father are sick and I need funds for their treatment.
In addition I believe that since Google is using so called AI they should inform their users about usage of private data by other companies against the user. I am sure that Google has sold my information to other companies and in this case it had a negative impact on my career and health. I know that it was a special case however it seems like this might be a good case for a lawyer that wants to make money. It seems for me a bit like the story about the cup of coffee without the warning.
I am open to testify only against 13Managment, and if you are a young lawyer and want to make some money you have to know that I have tried to contact them many times and some of those messages are totally mad and some have menace inside,what is actually good because we can use it against them because I have never been convicted and has only got few driving tickets.
I want my recognition and cash for wasted time nothing more. It is up to you how much money we can make out of it. I am open to negotiation,
I just want this case to be finished because it is important for my social status and health conditions. Also I had to borrow some money from my friends for that second trip to US and I will not pay for something that is a corporate spending.

I am open to testify only against [this management company], and if you are a young lawyer and want to make some money you have to know that I have tried to contact them many times and some of those messages are totally mad and some have menace inside,what is actually good because we can use it against them because I have never been convicted and has only got few driving tickets.

This is not a place to find lawyers to take your case. I suggest you start contacting some intellectual property lawyers in the U.S. for a review of your situation and see if you have anything to pursue here. Your post is very unclear as to what rights you have that were infringed here. You said that you posted the data and gave permission for it to be used by others. If you gave that permission then the use of it wouldn't violate whatever rights you had in it. In any event, this is not something you'll resolve using internet message boards.

Thank you for your answer,
there was no legal permission.Once I have written a memo and saved it on my Google disc and later delete it. I am sure that artists from UMG records have used my personal data in their creative process.
I am sure that Universal has benefited from my private data. It is more like I would be unconsciously hired as a creative director, because I had a big impact on publishing policy. In addition whole thing was harmful for me.
Problem is that in my case I have no real evidence because our cooperation was conducted by Google and to go on with the case I will need a true testimony of the producers and people that were working for Universal and Google.
Do you know any place where I can write everything that I know about the case so I could find a lawyer that would be eager to work on that case ?

Last edited:
This site does not provide referrals. Call your State Bar Association, your local Legal Aide or any law schools in your area for suggestions.

Do you know any place where I can write everything that I know about the case so I could find a lawyer that would be eager to work on that case ?

"Eager"? Any intellectual property lawyer would be eager to work on your case once you hand him a retainer.

Here's how you find one:

One ringy dingy, two ringy dingy.
"Law offices. Good morning."
"Good morning. I would like to meet with a lawyer to discuss my infringement case."
"Let me see. Oh, Mr Smith is available at 9 AM tomorrow. Does that work for you?"
"Yes."
"Good. You're all set."

Then go see Mr Smith, bring your checkbook and tell him your story. He'll tell you how much money he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back