Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
I've moved the "new posts" and "mark all read" buttons right below your user name / user menu when you login. Obviously will only appear when you're logged in so there is no better place than to put it there! It's an easy place, first space on the dropdown so it's convenient. Just figured I'd let all of you know since I do recognize it's importance! :)

Thanks - I always look for all new posts where they are all together.

Well this is going to be a problem. My computer is set for 125% (old eyes) so my username was hid, if I reset it to 100% I can see it

The user name should not be hidden. If the screen is too small, then it is in the dropdown menu you see on the left. It means that you are using the mobile version of the website. The dropdown menu is the small white icon on the left side that is standard on any mobile web browser. If you make the page thinner you'll see the top menu change.

My username does not show unless setting is 100% and not 125% which is why I could not see it. I guess I will just have to deal with it

OK.... it's a bug with the enlargement. The menu is still there it's just almost invisible, wrapping just underneath the menu. I'll see what I can do about getting it to work when you're at 125% and at certain page widths.

I'm starting to get used to everything. I'm like Proserpina - not a fan of change.

Unfortunately I had to search the menus to find the New Posts link before I could get to here and find the notice that it had been moved :p

I'm not sure if I imagined it... but I think the login worked on the first try tonight. No extra clicking around.

LOL, yes, I guess it took a little work to find the new posts. But we only have one clean dropdown menu now. I'll consider having a bar on top of the posts with those links, including a "jump" menu to get to a forum quickly. At least the login worked quickly.

I've made a few more changes. The top bar should appear fine in all browsers although it is a little condensed. Now the mobile version does not appear unless your browser is less than 1000px wide, which most screens easy use. Today mostly tablets use less than 1000px and even the iPad mini in landscape is 1024px wide.

I am now back to the old forum set up before changes though have no link to new posts.

Me too, Betty.

I also have to open each spam thread in order to delete it, instead of being able to click on a check box without opening the thread.

I have also sent PMs to Michael.

Okay, now I can delete spam without opening the thread but I still can't find a link to new threads.

I can't either & I also have old forum set up.

I'm not sure about cbg but I have old System before you made changes - it changed back to old over night. I don't have a link (seems cbg doesn't either) to get to new posts/threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back