Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication New Possesion arrest while on probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky88

Georgia...
I was initially on probation for one year due to driving with suspended license and possession of 1g marijuana. I was required to complete an evaluation during my probation. However, i had financial hardship to pay and complete this. After 7 months of probation, my P.O. told me not to worry about it probation was over. case closed. i thanked her very much....THEN, 2 months later i was called back to report with her stating i had to complete the full year and evaluation. which i was now set back even more to complete. She is now taking me to court over it later this month because i have not been able to complete it. thats the first part...

While on probation (after being called back). I was a passenger in a car with 5 people in it. we were stopped not on any violation, but the officers said the vehicle matched the description of a kidnapping suspects vehicle. And, if you know anything about Atlanta, this was the infamous Red Dog unit. A k-9 was brought to the scene about 15 minutes into the stop. in the trunk were 5 backpacks, none of which contained any passenger identification. they(the dog) found 1g marijuana in one of the bags which the officers, through process of elimination, said was mine. I did not positively I.D. the bag as mine. nor did i put any argument or fight with them about it. all i told the officer who said you know your going to jail was, "sure". i bonded out the next morning.

my court date for this is 5 days before my earlier mentioned probation hearing. i did speak with an attorney who said he could probably get the new charge dismissed for evidence suppression....for almost 4k. which i don't near have.

i guess i'm trying to decide my best course of action for my situation and if i should tell the judge when i see her first about everything. I completely understand i'm facing time, just not sure how much or any other options. I have a full-time job, wife and kids. and no longer use or possess marijuana (or any drugs). any advice???
only serious responses please.
thanks for the input.

My serious response is that you should plead guilty and serve the time. It's apparent that probation is not working in your case.

Ask the prosecutor for a deal.

at what point would i ask the prosecutor for a deal? an attorney told me i may have to serve the rest of my probation locked up. but what about the other charge? what if i plead for help/rehab etc.? i'm not a hardened criminal, just a dumbass who used to smoke alot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back