New Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

train101

I am wondering if it is against the law for an employer to Lie about the job they are hiring you for. I answered an Ad for a job which specifically stated it would be in the Sub Acute unit. When they offered me the job I specifically said "And this is in the Sub-Acute unit" they stated yes. After a week of training (in classroom) I was told "oh no you will be on long term care unit". Needless to say I was very upset as I left a previously perfectly good job that I loved for the soul purpose of working on a Sub acute floor. Just a few nights ago another Nurse stated that they had done the same thing to her, told her she would be on sub acute and then told her oh no long term. Is this legal???

I am wondering if it is against the law for an employer to Lie about the job they are hiring you for. I answered an Ad for a job which specifically stated it would be in the Sub Acute unit. When they offered me the job I specifically said "And this is in the Sub-Acute unit" they stated yes. After a week of training (in classroom) I was told "oh no you will be on long term care unit". Needless to say I was very upset as I left a previously perfectly good job that I loved for the soul purpose of working on a Sub acute floor. Just a few nights ago another Nurse stated that they had done the same thing to her, told her she would be on sub acute and then told her oh no long term. Is this legal???

Is it legal?

If it wasn't in writing, was it ever uttered?

That said, it isn't illegal.

You need to get things in writing.

Not in an email, either, a signed letter or contract.

It is not illegal.

It it's also not illegal for you to quit the job you do not want. Perhaps your previous employer will take you back.

Per IP address, is in US. Unless you had a signed contract indicating you would work in sub-acute unit only, this is not illegal. They can change their mind & sometimes their needs change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back