Other Criminal Charges & Offenses New Jersey

I was charged with shoplifting on 07/16/2011 for $170.55.went to court completed a community service and classes. My charges were dismissed after 1 year probation. It was my first and only one criminal charge.( im a green card holder since December 2009)
Now 2015 I wa to apply for my citizenship. How can this affect me on getting the citizenship?
Any advices for me.
I have my disposition lettre that's the only document I have.
Thank you for your help.

I was charged with shoplifting on 07/16/2011 for $170.55.went to court completed a community service and classes. My charges were dismissed after 1 year probation. It was my first and only one criminal charge.( im a green card holder since December 2009)
Now 2015 I wa to apply for my citizenship. How can this affect me on getting the citizenship?
Any advices for me.
I have my disposition lettre that's the only document I have.
Thank you for your help.

The conviction COULD have a negative impact.

That said, see an immigration lawyer.

We can't and don't offer legal advice.

As it was a one probation, that indicates it could have been a one year jail sentence. That is a definitive strike toward a green card. I would play it safe and hire an immigration lawyer.

What to expect from immigration

I'm a green card holder since 2009 and was arrested in 2011 for shoplif in NYC I pleaded guilty and did 5 hours community services and took some classes. The Case was dismissed after 1 year probation. On my case Disposition information it says 08/22/11 adjourned cpl section 170.55 2/17/2012 dismissed cpl section 170.55
What does it mean? Can I still apply for my citizenship? If yes when can I apply? I did return the item to the store and paid $500 before they called the police on me. Thanks all for your help

It's best that you talk to an immigration attorney.

I'm a green card holder since 2009 and was arrested in 2011 for shoplif in NYC I pleaded guilty and did 5 hours community services and took some classes. The Case was dismissed after 1 year probation. On my case Disposition information it says 08/22/11 adjourned cpl section 170.55 2/17/2012 dismissed cpl section 170.55
What does it mean? Can I still apply for my citizenship? If yes when can I apply? I did return the item to the store and paid $500 before they called the police on me. Thanks all for your help

You must ask an immigration attorney that you hire, or contact the source of all immigration knowledge:

www.uscis.gov

Back