New Internet Fraud Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebm_

Hey everyone

Just wonderful, I thought I had a good thing going on but hey, good things just don't happen right?
I found this website - http://www.ee-marketing.com - (PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING ON IT, READ THIS POST FIRST) - and I thought that it was legit, it seemed pretty good as they offered all kinds of methods of payment like bank transfers, paypal, etc. So, I signed up to work for them. What was supposed to happen was they would get a customer from the same country as me (New Zealand) who would order a shipment of goods (they offered guaranteed discounts of up to 25%, which doesn't seem unrealistic). Then, to make things easier for the customer, the customer would transfer the money into my bank account as mine is, of course, a New Zealand bank account aswell and then I would transfer it to my "employer" via Western Union, keeping 10% for myself for my troubles (we would go halves in the WU fees). Seemed all good, 2 days ago $1956 turned up in my bank account as I was told it would, so I deducted my 10% and transfered their 90%. All was well, my "employer" came on MSN Messenger (that was our main form of communication, aside from e-mail) to talk to me about it and inform me of another transfer that was going in overnight - this one was $2680. So the next day I checked and it was there, I went and did what I was supposed to again and went home. About 2 hours later I get a phone call from the BNZ (Bank of New Zealand) Fraud Unit basically blaming me and saying I was dealing with "a mafia" (I won't say which one just in case the Fraud Unit was wrong, I don't particularly want them coming after me). Of course I had no idea of this, but I was to go to Western Union and try to reverse the damages. I could only reverse the $2680 from today (actually, I only managed to get $2355 back after the WU fees and the 10% that I had already, unfortunately, spent) so I put that back into the BNZ account and straight away the whole $2680 was whipped out and now I'm in the negatives and have to find the money *sigh*. Oh well, I'm not here to find a way to get my money back as I know it's not going to happen - but I want to make sure no one else falls for this kind of thing. I looked on this website for anything that related to a scam such as this but couldn't come up with anything so here it is.

Now, the way I found out about ee-marketing.com was through EFNet on mIRC, someone private messaged me and said about the website, so I went there. Also, here are the details of the people -
The main person I was talking to - MSN, weisersbiz@hotmail.com (supposedly Martin Weiser from Estonia). And his e-mail eemarket@ee-marketing.com
The person I was transfering money to - Anton Romanov, Moscow, Russia.

I do hope this helps save someone from the trouble I have been in over this, please also feel free to ask, via this thread, for any more info you would like on this matter that I may have missed out. And hey, I will also definately co-operate in any way of perhaps catching these criminals.

Dns

Unfortunately, this all sounds disturbingly familiar. I, too, proceeded to collect a few payments on behalf of Martin Weiser via several eBay auctions. Only to have the money be absorbed and the items never shipped. I honestly don't understand why prosecution isn't possible. For what it's worth, this is what I could dig up on DNS registration for the site:

Domain Name: EE-MARKETING.COM {ee-marketing.com }

Registrant :
Martin Weiser support@ksg.com.ru +7.8129236272
Martin Weiser
17-37 Toritoru str.
Tallin Tallin EE n/a

Also, the majority of communication was via AIM (EEMarketing2005). I totally am agreement in fully cooperating with any attempt to track and prosecute those responsible.

internet fraud method

I also had an experience with Martin Weiser of EE Marketing.I purchased an item on ebay and used paypal to send the money.Weiser had gotten a verified paypal member to use his account to accept the funds and let him keep 10 percent and forward the rest.I have informed ebay and paypal.I will get my money back but I think the paypal account holder is going to end up paying.It's too bad no one can track this guy.He must have the funds sent somewhere he can access them.He even contacted UPS and paid for shipping so they would send me a tracking number!Of course, no package was ever sent but this seems a little overkill to rip someone off! jto24

Bst

It has started in the US now. It's now BST Group that is using Anton Romano, Moscow, Russia as the drop. Was contacted by Bruce Jensen of BST via email to work as an area rep. for this company. The first order arrived. It was a money order for an itme bought on e-bay. Bruce instructed me to take 10% an extra $30 if western unioned the same week to (you guessed it) Anton Romanov, Moscow. I googled the name and came up with this site. THANK YOU.
I took the money order to my bank so they could investigate it. Guess what!!!! It was counterfeit. They set me up from the very beginning. If not for this site, I would probably be facing charges of fraud.
Now, however the shoe is on the other foot.

FBI Case

Sooo I just got caught in this exact same thing, I made it through 5 different checks and things started getting suspicious when the first one came back counterfeit, then the second I was made aware by a rather large bank that some ladies credit card had been illegally used to purchase the money order I received and now I am being held responsible by the bank, and then the thrid thing was when a local sheriff's deputy shows up at my door to investigate one of the other checks. They were able to give me a little bit of info however... I.e. the ebay account used to sell the goods is bunnyzmom and / or guitartrade123. If you do the WHOIS info on ee-markeing.com you can get a phone number but I called and got nothing. And after doing a little more research I am fairly certain that Martin Weiser is a fake name, and Anton Romonav might be also but I beleive the person's real name is Sergey Konoplav. I get this from looking up the WHOIS info on ee-marketing.com, and finding out that Martin Weiser registered that domain via a company that he apparently owns or works for using support@ksg.com.ru as his email address for contact, and ksg.com.ru is owned by Sergey Konoplav. So this may be either the real guy or an associate. I now have the local sheriff department and FBI investigating me for potential fraud, and have no Idea what to do, so if any of you lawyers out there have any ideas, let me know please... As I may not be on these forums for long, but in prison :( :( :(

I too have been caught in this fraud method. The drop is the same name, Anton Romanov Moscow Russia. I have contacted my bank and they are going to return the first EMT. Luckily my gf found this forum or else i'd be up shit creek. If someone can contact me as to wether i should be paranoid or not because of them having my address.

Paranoia

Well you shouldn't be paranoid that they have your address cuz as soon as they figure out you are on to them, they seem to quit all activity and disappear. However would it be possible If I got your first name and maybe telephone number so we can collaborate and maybe get this figured out even further? The FBI is supposed to be in touch with me so I can turn over all the info I have to them. If you are interested in helping, please email me at xaser@lanassassin.net. BTW my first name is Dave! Thanks for the response. :) :)

I am so fortunate I came across this website tonight. I was just sent a check of $2900, and have been asked to send it through Western Union to Anton Romanov, Moscow, Russia. I really thank God I see this. Please I really need to know what I have to do next about this.

"Fortunate,"

As I suspect that they have your personal contact details in their possession, the first thing is to cease ALL contact with them ~ do not reply to any e-mails, etc. whatsoever (for closure, some people like to send a final e-mail to the con-merchants that simply states that "an attempt was made to cash the cheque but it was identified as a fraud by the bank;" nothing more should be in the mail; NO requests for any response OR anything further. In in most cases will be where the fraudsters drop you and disappear as they have been found out and you are no longer of any use to them). If they reply however, then again, just IGNORE totally.

Next, in many locations in the world, I believe that it can be illegal to be in possession of a fraudalent cheque so I would be inclined to contact your local law enforcement/police station and advise them of the situation and hand them the cheque for information/safe disposal.

Count yourself lucky that you found out the full scenario when you did and be sure to advise others so they do not fall for the scam and lose out. Education is the key with these types of scams.

Hope that assists you,

JJ. :)

Not a problem!

And of course if you need further advice or info, do not hesitate to return to us :)

Regards,

JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back