New contract job offer...

carolynvigil

I've been offered a job as a contract employee. The contract states as follows...
"1. SCOPE OF SERVICES. CTIC hereby enters into an agreement with the Administrator for

the purpose of performing Job Placement and Job Readiness duties. If Administrator knows

in advance of a scheduling or other conflict such that Administrator cannot attend work on a

specific date, Administrator agrees to notify CTIC's Director at least 1 week in advance of

the date of absence in order to allow adequate time for CTIC to arrange for a substitute

Administrator. In case of emergency requiring Administrator's absence from work,

Administrator agrees to notify CTIC as soon as possible of Administrator's impending

absence in order to allow CTIC as much time as possible to arrange for a substitute

Administrator.

RATE OF PAY: Administrator's contracted fee is $_2,000___ per month.

$100 compensation bonus for each person the administrator is directly involved in getting

employed.

2. PAYMENT FOR SERVICES. CTIC will pay the Administrator the Contracted Fee Per

Month Worked as cited in Section 1 of this Agreement on the last day of each month

with one payment delay. If any payment becomes due and payable on a Saturday,

Sunday or legal holiday under the laws of the state of Illinois, the due date of such payment

shall be extended to the next business day. Payment is contingent upon Administrator's

compliance through the pay period with the agreements listed in Sections 2 through 5 of

this Agreement. In the event that Administrator has failed to comply in a timely

manner with conditions cited in Sections 2 through 5 of this Agreement, CTIC

reserves the right to withhold up to 100% of Administrator pay and replace the

Administrator. CTIC agrees that such withholding will not be made unreasonably and that

Administrator will have notice and opportunity to comply with Sections 2 through 5 before

payment is withheld."

So, this means I won't get paid until the end of my second month and when is the bonus paid?

This seems strange to my and I've asked for clarification, but have yet to receive a response. I haven't signed yet, but am supposed to start in 2 days.

Help!

Carolyn

Yes it does sound like you won't be paid until the end of the second month, however there are more serious questions. There is no such thing as a "contract employee".
You are either an independent contractor or you are an employee. Go a Google search for "twenty questions test for contract labor." Simply the fact that they are requiring you to notify them in advance when you will be absent, indicates that you probably do not fall under contract labor.

So, this means I won't get paid until the end of my second month and when is the bonus paid?

Sure looks like it.

What kind of job is this? Some kind of multi-level marketing scam?

Smells like a scam.

You might spend the next two months wasting your time and never get paid.

Back