Never notified!

Jurisdiction
California
So I have had two vehicles towed by the same company Road one and both vehicles were sold at auction without any notification to me beforehand incurring charges are over two grand each both accounts are now being handle through collection company who have just sent me the notice of pending lien sale for vehicle valued under 4,000 or less and as I was reading it I noticed it's States under date owner bill for service in storage reads on one of the vehicles 12-19-2018 and I look down at the date of sale 07 12 2018 also the date of notice of sale mailed 12-19-2018 this is for my Yamaha motorcycle. Next vehicle is a Hyundai which states date of owner filled for Service and Storage 05-01-2019. But the date of sale is 09-27-2018. Also the date of notice of sale mailed 05-01-2018. And like I was saying in my title I was never notified by anybody that they were even doing this it states that there was a certified mail receipt I never received any mail or receipt but even noticed about this my question is this the dates that this is written and the dates that they notified me after they've already sold vehicle even legal or am I not understanding the 20 days before sale you have to notify in three different forms all appropriate parties?

OK, they say they followed all the notification requirements. You say they didn't. Your word against theirs and you get nowhere just saying it and pointing fingers, unless you file a lawsuit. In court, the burden will be on you make a prima facie (google it) case that they did wrong. Then they will give their side of the story and it will be up to the judge to make a decision.

No way to predict how that goes.

Ditto.
It seems you have found significant discrepancies. They certainly can't notify you of a pending sale months after the sale. Not only should you not owe them anything, but they might owe you!

Visit a local attorney or two and see what feedback you get.

Back