Personal Bankruptcy Nervous about medical bills and no work and considering bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigheadaches

I suffered a construction injury at work at a construction site which I posted about. I am nervous because my medical bills are piling up and nobody is paying for anything right now. I saw the first one and it is scary. I have been out of work for a few weeks and I don't know whether I can return to my construction job any time soon. I don't know if I can be around construction at all and can't imagine where to go when I recover and what I can do based upon how I feel. Making things worse, my wife stays at home with a newborn and won't make much at work even if she could since she is a great but can't make enough money we need to pay the bills. I was that person. Making ends meet is tough and having a mortgage on the apartment we bought isn't making it any easier. Hospital bills are crazy. We got one collection notice and I have a bad feeling of more to come. I was told that they can't take your home if you declare bankruptcy but I am realistic. It seems easier than it probably is. What do people do? How do I read about people who used bankruptcy twice and still survive like that Olympic gynmnasts mother? I hope that I have a settlement in my case soon but don't know what people do until then.

If you are medically unable to return to your line of work, WC will often assist with retraining or will hook you up with retraining assistance. Hire a WC attorney. They get paid by WC. A good one will see you get every benefit warranted.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

army judge is giving good advice. The first thing to do is not to fret and worry since that won't provide any benefit. Workers Comp attorneys will be of significant assistance and can help you deal with the issue of medical bills, concerns of bankruptcy as these are not unique just to you and your case. I have no idea how others have handled multiple bankruptcies and that isn't really your concern. You need to have someone provide you with advice that is appropriate for you and how to move forward. While I appreciate your proactive approach, exploring bankruptcy options might be premature, especially without first having retained a Workers Comp attorney. Best of luck to you and your family and get well soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back