Neighbor's Running Auto Shop From Their Home

Stilljoe

Hello, I own a home in Florida, my neighbors who live directly behind me runs an illegal auto repair shop out of the house. It is obvious. It is obvious that they run an illegal mechanic shop because they always different cars and always different people. These neighbors are just renting the house, I do not know who the owner is.
Anyways, ever since this tenant came, they usually have three to four cars in their backyard. They created multiple holes connecting the outside of the house into the inside, they have also connected a propane tank connecting into their house. They have tried to hide our view with large wood coverings and others things to but luckily I have taken multiple photos of what they have done before hand. They raise the cars up high with car lifts and it looks awful. Living next to an auto-shop is awful, strangers at all hours of the night.
How can I report something like this? I have tried to ask him politely what is going on but he lies. Is there a "city office" or something like that I can report this to? What would the process be to stop this?

This is simple, Joe. All you need to do is contact city hall and ask to transferred to the department that handles people using residential neighborhoods for commercial purposes.
The local police department (non-emergency number) might be able to point you in the right direction.
In your state, their internet access is very advanced.
I bet you can report this stuff directly to the city website and direct to the correct agency.
If you take pictures, submit them online, that would certainly help the building or zoning department (whichever one is in charge of this problem) to get right on it.

Back