Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Neighbors harassment

Mimi2346780

i have had an issue with my neighbors for the past 7 years: every time they hear my dog bark outside they start yelling and cursing or call the police. I think they are more bothered by my 2 toddlers playing outside and they wait for the dog to bark even once to scare all of us back inside. My kids are really scared by the " mean" neighbors and don't want to play outside or swim in the pool after the lady came in our yard and said she is gonna call the police and make sure they take away the dog. What can I do about it? Should I file a complaint against them? Can anybody tell me what the dog barking laws are? Thanks

Check with your local animal control agency or city police department, if you want details on your city dog noise ordinances.

Here is a link with general dog barking laws in Florida. You will need to check with animal control or the sheriff's office in your area to find out the specific law in your county.
http://www.ehow.com/list_6568285_dog-barking-laws-florida.html
You noted this has been going on for 7 yrs. & they generally yell, curse or call the police. Have the police come out previously? What did they say/do about the dog barking?

Or buy one of those collars to train the dog not to bark and disturb the neighbors. I have a feeling this isn't just a single, random, and very rare bark that has them running to the phone.

Back