Neighbor Trying to Block our Easement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadriel

I own a right of way to the lower half of my property. The Owner of the land which my easement goes across has given us problems since the start of us trying to use this right of way. We have gone to court on this matter, and the judge ruled in our favor. Our nieghbor has filed an apeal, but the court has denied their stay. Its stated in the final order that we are allowed to use and improve the right of way at our own risk.

Currently, the nieghor is trying to bar our use. He has taken his tractor, and dug up all of the fresh gravel we have put in place to try and stop us from going up and down it with our cars.

Is there anything I can do to stop him from doing this? I have called the police, and they are not sure if there is anything they can do about it. Is he in contempt of court for trying to bar us? Are there any charges I can file against him for property damage? I have put almost $5,000 into this section of the driveway already.

He also is being very threatening. He keeps shooting animals, and puts the carcuses on our section of the right of way. I am using this right of way as an easement to build houses for my children, and because if this they are scared to go down there, and frankly scared to have him for a neighbor.

I just want to stop this problem before it escalates anymore. It has gone through court, and its 100% clear that the right of way is ours, and that in no way has anyone ever adversely possesed it. This is not the first time he has tried to bar our use. We have had to clean up after him at least three times since he has moved here. He puts stones, tree limbs and logs, and just about anything he can find on our right of way! How do we stop this from continuing.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Well, that sounds like you should head back to court, get some injunctions against him and have him then held in contempt of court. If you had an attorney before, you probably should consult with him again. There might be some other issues, too, for which damages might be appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back