Neighbor running water onto my property

Status
Not open for further replies.

obbie77

I live in PA and have owned my property for almost 30 years. About 4 or 5 years ago property was purchased that next to mine. They have been nothing but a problem ever since they have moved in. The property that they have purchased has a water problem. The back of their property is swampy and now they have dug small trenches to run it on our property to dry us theirs. Is this legal? When we purchased our property we had the same problem but we however did things the right way. We had shale and pipe put in the ground to correct the problem. We also have our ground surveyed but the neighbor has not. We have a very nice post and rail fence that goes along the property and have nice maple trees and flowering bushes planted there but they are now being to look shabby because of all the water. We caught the neighbor last evening cutting the backside of our one rose bush off with his weed trimmer. This man never does anything through the day it is always after dark. He wears mining light and stays out all night to do his work. I know that we are very disgusted with the whole situation.
On our property I own a floral business and the water that they are re-routing is attracting mosquito's along with odor. These people were also required to hook into the public sewage system years ago, which they haven't done either. I have been after the sewage authorities but nothing is getting accomplished. I hope you can offer some suggestions and hopefully point me to the right authorities that I may need to contact. I will wait to hear from you and many thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back