Neighbor moving onto property and parking rv

Aaron Bourgeois

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hudson Florida to be exact. My neighbor is selling her place and moving onto mine. She will be sleeping in my addition attached tomy home. Her dogs will be sleeping in the RV and she will keep most of her belongings in it. The question is that is she considered residing in the RV if she does not sleep in it. Is it it an illegal dwelling if power is ran to it so the ac can run for when people and the dogs are in there. In my mind if you spend all your time in a detached garage but do not sleep in it is it all of a sudden a dwelling because you spend all your time in it

The question is that is she considered residing in the RV if she does not sleep in it.

You need to pose THAT and any other questions to your local police department, (local sheriff's office) if you live outside of municipal boundaries, local zoning board or office, or an attorney that you retain to advise you.

I will only add, that what you propose doing can ONLY cause problems for you that you fail to foresee or acknowledge.

If you desire a peaceful, strife free life, it is best to avoid interlopers (invited or uninvited).

Is it it an illegal dwelling if power is ran to it so the ac can run for when people and the dogs are in there.

Most sane adults KNOW the answer to that question without posing or pondering it.

In my mind if you spend all your time in a detached garage but do not sleep in it is it all of a sudden a dwelling because you spend all your time in it

You're no dummy, mate.

Your instincts are working.

I suggest you follow them, and abandon this soon to be troublesome, quarrelsome folly.

Think about this, even two men, two women, or a man and women, MADLY in love fall out 50% of the time, according to divorce statistics.

I suspect that fallout rate is often HIGHER among friends or relatives, if they live together or share certain property interests.

Truth be told, humans are territorial simians.

Pushed together, they are very often unable to tolerate each other for very long!!!

The question is that is she considered residing in the RV if she does not sleep in it.

Probably.

Is it it an illegal dwelling if power is ran to it so the ac can run for when people and the dogs are in there.

Almost certainly.

. In my mind if you spend all your time in a detached garage but do not sleep in it is it all of a sudden a dwelling because you spend all your time in it

Apples to elephants.

If you park that thing on your property and the neighbors complain to the city, you'll be in deep doodoo.

Even if that doesn't happen I predict that the arrangement will blow up in your face within six months and you'll be back here asking how to get your occupant and her RV off your property.

Whether you sleep in it or not doesn't define it as a dwelling unit under Florida law. It becomes an accessory dwelling unit if it has a bathroom, a kitchen, and a sleeping area. The local jurisdictions have codes as to whether ADUs are permitted and the manner they are constructed.

Back