Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Neighbor has been vandalizing my cars

germanshepherd

Jurisdiction
California
I have been having an issue with my front neighbors. They came over two months ago and have been telling us we cant park in front of their house. I told them no, I wont be moving my cars. They called the cops and gave a notice to move my cars because they have been there for more than 72hr, I called the police department and told them that I have footage that my cars are being used daily and are moved. I left one of my cars in front of their house and the minute I left they moved their trucks and blocked me in, one inch away from my car, they called the police department and they came trying to tow my vehicle. I argued with them that how was I suppose to move my car if I cant move it. They blocked my car from 9 days. All of this is recorded. for the past month my cars have been vandalized been waking up to gum all over my car under my door handle, nails under my cars. Yesterday my brothers car got shot with a bb gun broke his window, his car was parked right infron of his house door. I reviewed the cameras and no one within the time my bro parked his car at 8pm - 8pm when he got in his car, no one passed. My assumption is he shot from his door. Cops came made the report, we showed him the videos and they said we are just trying to get even with them. They told us we are inmature for calling. The cops are useless. I parked my truck a few moments ago and they came over told me to move it and they told me that im a target thats why things are happening to me. My brother is a nurse working in the covid room, so this just pissed me off that it happened to him.

Unless you have a video of a person actually doing damage to your car, the cops will continue to be useless and there are no laws that can help you.

I'm guessing that there is limited on-street parking because of housing density. If you park somewhere else you'll be in front of somebody else's house.

The bad news is that you cannot win this. You have an absolute right to park there but low lifes don't give a crap about your rights and will continue to eff with you and your car as long as you keep parking there.

I agree you can certainly park there as long as you dont violate any local ordinance and keep the vehicle registered.
I also agree that your solution to the problem is to park elsewhere.

Without more than suspicion you won't get anywhere trying to hold your neighbor responsible for any damages, and they seem like the type unlikely to pay up even if a court orders it.

Just wanted to confirm as long as there is no video of the individual, the police cant do anything.
As stated, that's not true. Without the video, the police likely won't do anything...but it's a choice on their part.

To be clear, the end result is the same. Without video of it happening, the police aren't going to do anything because there are a myriad of other things that they can better expend their resources doing.

Maybe you ought to stop parking in front of their house...

Just wanted to confirm as long as there is no video of the individual, the police cant do anything.

"Can't" isn't the right word. They could do various things, but they apparently are choosing to exercise their discretion not to do anything. Keep in mind that "doing something" would only go so far. A lack of video evidence would make any sort of criminal prosecution unlikely, so why bother with any preliminary action?

Even IF you had video of Person XYZ demolishing one of your vehicles, that doesn't mean the police would become involved.

As suggested above, it might be time for YOU to be proactive and find better, more secure parking spaces.

At this point I can careless about the car. Put yourself in my shoes, the nails and gum doesnt matter to me, the idea that he can shoot a car and think that is okay. Last night he shot my neighbors car. We are the only two colored home owners in the neighborhood, shit his side neighbor has two cars on on bricks in the street, cars have been their since the community was build. Houses were built two years ago, we have no street sweeping no parking signs. Shit their car was blocking the fire hydrant and cops came this morning we pointed it out, cops said is there a fire and walked away. My cars are new for a cop to come and tell me to move my cars over two 1989 honda accords sitting on bricks broken glass, crashed. Where is the equality?

So what everyone is saying is give up to a bully.

Yup, pretty much, unless you wish to resort to the the tactics of the low life, human rodent, that seems to be harassing you.

That tactic is what I term a "self help" remedy.

"Self help" remedies often lead to tragic results for the actor.

What are those results, you're probably wondering?

The "self help" actor often ends up with serious bodily injuries in a hospital or jail cell in the infirmary section of the county hoosegow.

Some "self help" actors end up packed away in a beautiful casket, buried six feet underground for all eternity.

Other "self help" actors "cremains" are stored in urns, resting safely upon a mantle or tucked away in a closet.

Fighting fire with fire by untrained people often causes life altering third degree burns.

Back