neighbor from hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rylie95

Hello
Here is my situation. I live on a farm outside city limits. On a small piece of land 20 feet across our driveway lives a neighbor. They had a dog that darted out and chased every car going up and down their driveway as well as my drive and the main road. Their first dog was hit and killed by a car going down their driveway. They got a new dog same kind and was hit and killed by a car coming down our driveway. And now they just bought another dog their 3rd same kind it is doing the same. They won't fence the dog. What rights action do I have if any. I am an animal lover I would hate for another dog to be killed or run into a tree trying to not hit the dog. Thank you for your time.

Q: What rights action do I have if any?

A: Huh? What are you talking about?

i think they were asking what can they do to keep the dog off their property as they don't want to see another one killed. Personally i would call the department of animal services and report crulity as they don't seem to care if their dog is running wild and is getting hit and killed by a car, they have had 2 die so far and got a 3rd.

I'm no attorney

Firstly, have you talked to this neighbor and explained your concern about the loose animal?

Secondly, call the ASPCA or Humane Shelter and explain to them what's going on. In some places, they send out personnel to talk to the animal owner and give him a citation to protect the animal.

If the animal isn't neutered, they can bring this up at the same time.

Good luck and don't be surprised if the neighbor gets upset with your meddling in his affairs . . . some people see animals as pets, some see them as property and it appears this neighbor sees his dogs as property.

Keep your attorney's phone number handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back