Neigbor's tree breaking my retaining wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracotta

Hello,

My neighbors big tree is right in the corner of his lot by my fence and its roots are causing cracks around my swimming pool and has extensively broken my retaining wall.

I brought her in one day for inspection when she said she would take care of it. It's been 4 months and they haven't done anything. I have left several messages for them but they choose to ignore.

What is my recourse.

Any advise on how to proceed is gratefully accepted.

regards,

terry

Have you filed a complaint against them with the HOA or POA? if not, then do that so you can have that on record. If no HOA or POA, then hire an attorney so you can initiate the legal process to have your neighbor repair damages to your property. Good Luck!

Send them a demand letter telling them to either have the issue resolved within (blank) number of days or to provide you with their homeowner's insurance information for you to put a claim in for their negligence.

Send them a demand letter telling them to either have the issue resolved within (blank) number of days or to provide you with their homeowner's insurance information for you to put a claim in for their negligence.

Thanks for the replies. Is there a legal proforma I can use.
What if they don't accept or sign for my letter?

I disagree with the previous poster. You must do it through a lawyer since this matter has implications beyond just a threat written by you. Homeowner insurance companies don't just receive letters from people and write a check for damages. Seek a lawyer to protect your rights and your property. Good Luck!

I disagree with the previous poster. You must do it through a lawyer since this matter has implications beyond just a threat written by you. Homeowner insurance companies don't just receive letters from people and write a check for damages. Seek a lawyer to protect your rights and your property. Good Luck!

Since this is apparently a minor case can I (should I?) represent myself in small claims court? If the answer is yes, could you guide me as to where I should get started?

Thanks/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back