Negligence Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayconner

I was jailed on 12-21-2008, on misdemeanor theft, according to my rap sheet for stop pay on overpaid check, $7,574 that my Credit Union failed to stop, then given wrong affidavit(forgery affidavit)by them to dispute transaction, after contractor accessed my account electronically(wire fraud). Contractor used affidavit against me, alledging I said he forged my name on the overpaid check to have me arrrested. I was convicted of felony theft, 2-01-2010. Discovered during trial, CU had given contractor some of my personal banking info. too. No prior criminal record, not a traffic ticket. CU wrote letter apologizing after I was convicted admitting their fault, also wrote letter to probation, and parole office saying the same. Over 30 years a member. Sentence stayed. This should have been Civil anyway. Contractor didn't have license, or permit to work in LA. C U said they were going to help me out of this. I had witness present, they reneged. They are a State Chartered Credit Union. Told me I can't sue them because they are immune by state laws, time barred, 1 yr. Aren't there some federal law of which I can sue for negligence in a federal court. So far Can not find a lawyer that will go up against them in Louisiana. Any advice, help welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back