Need to know how to deal with drunk who is causing trouble.

tammyduncan

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
My husband and I got married in Dec of 2015. Right after our wedding we both started having some major medical problems and we split briefly due to the stress of doctors hospital and our medical conditions. My husbands cousin lives near my sister and he is a major drunk. He was found lying face down on his girlfriends trailor floor.

My husband was a drunk. Now he is a recovering alcoholic. Just recently he(Rob) called my sister and left her a nasty message concerning my husband and myself. She called and asked me to come listen to the message. I had blocked all of his numbers from contacting me or my husband because when he is drinking he lies and you can't get him off the phone. We wanted to know about my husband and myself. He knew that we were still separated and he was wanting to know if he was ok. His family was calling and wanting to know about Cal. It was a bunch of bs and he was tired of my sister covering for me.

My sister has two kids that are sick, our mother is sick, our brother is dying, and my step dad has cancer. I have too much in my life as well as Fay. We don't have time to put up with a drunk. Now I found out this am that he called the social security board and told them a bunch of lies and got my nephews check cut out.

This guy has been told we do not want anything to do with him. But he keeps sticking his nose into things that don't concern him. My question is how/ what can I do to make him stop.

You can ignore him. Calling and ranting while drunk I not illegal. It isn't clear what the deal is with your nephew but it does not concern you.

ignoring this man does not help. it makes it worse. He is the one that calls and rants while drunk. I am asking for my sister. I have already blocked him and that really has not helped. Calling and ranting while drunk and you ask him not to call your home is harassment. Would you not say

The SSA is not going to care about his rants. Tell her to block his calls and let him make an idiot of himself if he wants to. There's always the RO option, above.

Social Security is not going to act or revoke benefits based on the allegations of one random person. If benefits were revoked, there was MUCH more to the story.

I have no idea why this guy would care one whit about his cousin's wife's sister, but she can block his number, nor answer when he calls, delete any messages by him, and or change her number. it really is that simple.

Social Security is not going to act or revoke benefits based on the allegations of one random person. If benefits were revoked, there was MUCH more to the story.

I have no idea why this guy would care one whit about his cousin's wife's sister, but she can block his number, nor answer when he calls, delete any messages by him, and or change her number. it really is that simple.

Benefits are revoked. Just a bunch of bull. Have told her about the ro.

If benefits have been revoked, I promise you that there was more going on than his phone call. There is no friggin' way, I guarantee you, that the SSA is going to revoke benefits because a drunk made a phone call.

What kind of bunch of lies do you believe he told Social Security to get nephew's check cut? How do you know why check was cut?

It doesn't really matter what this guy said or the OP thinks he said, SSA does not revoke benefits based on rumors or reports from a single individual. If he was the whistleblower on fraud or something like it, AND SSA investigated and agreed benefits were not due, that is different. There would still be no recourse, but it wouldn't be his call alone that ended benefits.

The phone calls could potentially be illegal depending on intent and exactly how they are made.

Look here:
§ 14-196

You can speak to local law enforcement about it. Contact from police might get him to stop.
Essentially it would have to be shown that the calls are made repeatedly with intent to annoy or harass. Evidence will be hard to obtain, but you aren't helpless with this.
You can consider a restraining order as well.

Back