Need some help

Jmonty71

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I had a mechanic replace a fuel sensor on my vehicle. In doing so, he cracked my gas tank. At first, he did the work, the car passed emissions, so we thought all was good. We noticed gas was leaking. We took it back, we said some other part was bad and charged me another 200 bucks, on top of the 360 to replace the sensor. Took the car back. Again, still leaking. Took back a third time, he said it was the clamp and they needed to fix that. All this time lying to me. Brought it home...and still leaking. Finally we took it to another place. At that time, I was told of the crack in the tank. To make things worse. The crack was right over the exhaust. The car could of blown up, at any time. Now the other mechanic knew of the crack, because they kept putting epoxy on it. So, that argument is invalid. I took pictures of the tank and I the new mechanic said he would fill a statement out and testify if needed. I had all my family in that car during this time. At any time, it could of killed some one. Sadly, the other mechanic was 320 bucks. So, it took nearly a month a 880 bucks to repair a simple thing. I want to see if I have a case to sue this crooked mechanic.

You appear to have a case to recover the monies you had to pay to fix the problem caused by mechanic number one.

You can add to that amount the money mechanic number one took from you to accomplish nothing.

As far as suing for what could have happened, but didn't, that's not recoverable.

You can only recover actual damages, not anticipated damages.

It appears you've expended about $1,200.

That's your lawsuit in small claims.

You're likely to receive a judgment, not the monies owed, then you'll have to endeavor to collect against that judgment.

Back