Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielle1617

In May of 2007 I contact a photographer saying I would like to model with him, I had seen that he posted an ad on myspace. He did car shows and car modeling that he takes photos and footage of to make a DVD, so I decided to take pictures with him and even went out of town to do a car show with him. He asked me if I would do some topless photos I didn't want to at first but the he convinced me. Later that month feel comfortable with him using them for his DVD or anything and he said that was fine because he didn't have me sign a release form anyways so he couldn't legally do it. So a couple months go by and he ask if I want in the business with him. I said sure. All he said I had to do was help him find models and do sales of the DVD when it releases. So I help him find models and such. In July he says the business needs money and I didn't help put in some I wouldn't be in the business so when I told him I didn't want to be in business with him. He then went to a forum that all car shows locals and owners use. And mulishly posted up those pictures of me, even though he knows he is not allowed to because he doesn't have a release form and I am scared he is going to put those in the DVD because he is mad at me. What can be done?

In May of 2007 I contact a photographer saying I would like to model with him, I had seen that he posted an ad on myspace. He did car shows and car modeling that he takes photos and footage of to make a DVD, so I decided to take pictures with him and even went out of town to do a car show with him. He asked me if I would do some topless photos I didn't want to at first but the he convinced me. Later that month feel comfortable with him using them for his DVD or anything and he said that was fine because he didn't have me sign a release form anyways so he couldn't legally do it. So a couple months go by and he ask if I want in the business with him. I said sure. All he said I had to do was help him find models and do sales of the DVD when it releases. So I help him find models and such. In July he says the business needs money and I didn't help put in some I wouldn't be in the business so when I told him I didn't want to be in business with him. He then went to a forum that all car shows locals and owners use. And mulishly posted up those pictures of me, even though he knows he is not allowed to because he doesn't have a release form and I am scared he is going to put those in the DVD because he is mad at me. What can be done?
You should probably go to a lawyer and have a letter written up demanding the return of your photos, which are your property. It should also warn him that any usage or display of these photos will subject him to a lawsuit. Perhaps that might work.

But to be completely honest... I never understand how women can be convinced to take nude photos and not expect this to come back later to haunt them. Perhaps it is the typical tale of "potentially losing the business" if you don't do it. Well ladies... if that's what you gotta do to be in the business, then IMHO it's not a business you should want to be in or worthwhile for you...

I'm not a lawyer, but I've had occasion to read the copyright laws this past week. Maybe I missunderstood something, but doesn't the photographer own the images he takes? There are limits to what he can do with them without a release. This is how I understood it. You say the photo's are danielle16_17's property?

I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back