Need my ex off my title

LV Simpson

Jurisdiction
California
What steps can I take to get my EX off my title, she hasn't lived here or paid any bills here in over a year. I offered to give her half of what the property was worth at the time she left, minus half of the cost of the maintenance work I had done while she was here.

What steps can I take to get my EX off my title, she hasn't lived here or paid any bills here in over a year. I offered to give her half of what the property was worth at the time she left, minus half of the cost of the maintenance work I had done while she was here.
Offer to pay her for the full value of her half of the property.

Does the title to which you refer mean "home - as in real estate", or a motor vehicle?

As you use the term "my ex" are you referencing a person to whom you were married and subsequently divorced, or simply someone with whom you cohabited without being married (as in a person with whom you were merely friends)?

How did the person with whom you once cohabited come to have her/his/it's name placed upon your title?

Ex what?

Title to what?

Maybe she doesn't like the "minus" part.

I'm assuming that this is relating to real estate based upon the thread being in the real estate sub forum.

What steps can I take to get my EX off my title

Title to what, and why is she on "your" title?

I offered to give her half of what the property was worth at the time she left, minus half of the cost of the maintenance work I had done while she was here.

I guess we're supposed to infer that she declined this offer.

At the end of the day, if your joint owner doesn't want to be bought out or to buy you out, your recourse is a partition lawsuit.

Good question.

Back