Need Money From Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevez

We live in AZ, Trust in MI, Party we have troubles with one in NM, two in FL.

My wife has been accused of taking money from grandmothes trust before she passed and now my wifes birth mother who gave her up at 2 to her grand mother wants 75k returned and is holding up the disbursement of the trust. My wife has been supported by her grand mother her whole life. They have sent the cks that my wife received to a hand writing analasist and the ckes were found not to be forged and they still will not release the money. The other party has not filed any formal court papers at this time it has all been through the bank. We also are not in the positoin of hiring a lawyer they want 2k in retainer funds. Can u please give any advise on how to give this a jump start so we may receive the money. When we receive the money can we turn around and sue here birth mother and stepsisters for holding this up, distress and money hardship we have indured please advise.

You are not going to get this settled without the assistance of an attorney who can review all of the documents. There is nothing that can be done for you on a free forum. 2000 is about right for a retainer, just be sure it is with an attorney who will really do something.

If you cannot find an attorney in MI on the find an attorney link on this site send me an email and I can provide some more resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back