Need legal rights for tenant's

Mad tenant

Here's the issue. Yesterday one of my other neighbors informed me she noticed a video camera on our front porch pointed towards our mailboes and anyone coming on the front porch (the only reason we do on the front porch is our mail but it also looks lime it can see our front yard as well. After I went out to look I also noticed two mode cameras. They live on the second floor which has a porch and there was a camera on the porch pointed towards our common drive way and another pointed towards there door. These people are new to the apartment building within the last few months. We have kids from ages 6-18 who play in the parking lot. I feel lime it's a violation of our privacy to tape us without our permission. Who knows if they are sickos getting off watching our kids. I want to know what rights I have from my neighbors doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have no expectation of privacy when you are out and about in the public areas of your complex, your city, or your state.

If you really want a wake up call, security cameras are everywhere these days.

There are no laws which prevent anyone from placing security cameras to protect her or his property.

Would have been nice if this was actually posted under "landlord tenant law". No one seems to read instructions or signs - that's why so many get traffic tickets.

Jack, it would seem as though since the "tenant" is mad the property is rented - maybe it's just an apartment in a house. Seems likely that the porch would be a common area. Unless the OP clarifies we're just guessing though.

Would have been nice if this was actually posted under "landlord tenant law".

I never pay attention to what forum it's in. I just click new posts and address the questions.

Jack, it would seem as though since the "tenant" is mad the property is rented - maybe it's just an apartment in a house. Seems likely that the porch would be a common area. Unless the OP clarifies we're just guessing though.

Yep, we certainly do a lot of guessing.

Well this area of the forum should just be made readonly since it's mis-used. No one ever seems to use it properly. Just my pet peeve. Just venting - ignore me.

No problem. Everybody has pet peeves.

One of mine is people who say "INsurance" with the emphasis on the first syllable.

Here's another: "VIN Number" and "PIN Number." People who say them are saying "Vehicle Identification Number Number" and "Personal Identification Number Number."

And don't get me started on "irregardless."

One more and I'll stop: "From whence." "Whence" already means "from where." So, "from whence" is particular annoying to me because anybody who uses something that archaic ought to know how to use it.

Back