need legal advice. Is this even small claims stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper

Hello Guys

I need to know what protection I have and what can be done to me

I use to run a site dedicated to video games. It was a sports league site. ON this site we decided to go pay and charge people 40 dollars per person in return for a lifetime fee and protection of their favorite teams in each league. It also said the money went for my time.

We have policies written that said if they quit or get banned they would not receive a refund

However just recently I had to shut the site down due to so many people causing issues and trying to tear the site down. Now a bunch of them are threatening to try and take action to get their money back

My many questions are

1-- Can the people who were baned or quit get their money back even though the policies i wrote said otherwise?

2-- Can the others who were not banned or removed get their money back even though the site was shut down for too man issues?

3-- Do they even have a case or they just trying to scare me?

4-- What protection can I take or need to have incase they do

5-- Also these people are spread all over the country. Where would they file the law suit? And if they do and I can not show up because I do not have money to fly somewhere for the case can I have a warrant put out on me? Or can i just tell the court I can not make it and plead my case?

They are trying to say I robbed or scammed them. But I did no such thing. This was not a site that did not exsist. IT was around for well over a year. It just went under.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back