need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

veryw

Ok I didn't know what to put this under. My mother in law lives in an apartment building where a known pedophile has moved into..she really would love her grandchildren to visit. Last time I was there she told him to stay in his apartment because my children were coming over. He did not stay in his apartment. He even walked into my mother in laws apartment. Now there are two living in the same apartment. Another convicted pedophile has recently moved in with him. Is there anyway or something I can do so my mother in law can safely visit my children. She is also disabled. I don't want to keep them away from her because of someone else's mistakes.

Visit somewhere other than her apartment.
They certainly don't have to stay inside because mother in law says so. That is absurd.
All you need is some supervision and there should be no problem.

I understand your concern but long as the children are not alone there should be no issue. Unless the terms of their probation or sex offender status forbids it they can go where they please. I agree have visitation occur elsewhere there is nothing legally you or anyone else can do

I sort of understand your concern but don't see a big concern or problem as long as the children are not alone. Do you sometimes stay there with them?

One tenant can't tell other tenants to stay in their apartment.

That is part of their terms if someone is going to have children over the police officer told my mother in law then she let's the men know there r kids in the building and they are to remain in their apartment till the children leave..wasn't only her rule it was a condition made by their probation officer

That is part of their terms if someone is going to have children over the police officer told my mother in law then she let's the men know there r kids in the building and they are to remain in their apartment till the children leave..wasn't only her rule it was a condition made by their probation officer..so in other words its ok for him to strut into my mother in laws apartment even though he knows kids are there.

Ok then you did not explain this. If they violate terms of their probation then perhaps you can explain if they do not abide by the terms of their probation that their probation office could be notified

That is part of their terms if someone is going to have children over the police officer told my mother in law then she let's the men know there r kids in the building and they are to remain in their apartment till the children leave..wasn't only her rule it was a condition made by their probation officer..so in other words its ok for him to strut into my mother in laws apartment even though he knows kids are there.

I strongly doubt that "Can't ever be in the building if Grandma has a sleepover" is actually a condition.

OP, we are a US based law forum.
You might wish to discuss this with the police or an Ontario solicitor.

I strongly doubt that "Can't ever be in the building if Grandma has a sleepover" is actually a condition.

I never said that..I wouldn't be dumb enough to let my children sleep in a building with a pervert anyway. If you are going to be sarcastic or ignorant than don't comment. I can see this was obviously a mistake on trying to get information for my children's well being. Please delete my question and have a good evening!

He can't enter her apartment if she locks her doors.
If he's violating his terms of probation, document it (uptake videos or pictures) report him to the police or his PO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back