Assault & Battery need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

newjanel85609

I need help i guess you can say I'm the victim i called the cops and my boyfriend and said he had a gun i lied so they locked him up i told the police at the station on record he had a gun again i lied. Now i have spoken to the investigator for his public defender and told him i lied. Me and my boyfriend always have issues with the me calling cops on him. His public defender says what i stated to his investigator it hurt him in court i don't see how. He got served a deal 5 to 20 years but they never found a gun. He is taking it to trial. Am i going to get subpoenaed to court and if so if its by hand i know i have to show up but if its served by mail can i still get in trouble also i don't want to testify against him what should i do i cant see him in jail all his life that's not right for a lie i have told. i need help.

I need help i guess you can say I'm the victim i called the cops and my boyfriend and said he had a gun i lied so they locked him up i told the police at the station on record he had a gun again i lied. Now i have spoken to the investigator for his public defender and told him i lied. Me and my boyfriend always have issues with the me calling cops on him. His public defender says what i stated to his investigator it hurt him in court i don't see how. He got served a deal 5 to 20 years but they never found a gun. He is taking it to trial. Am i going to get subpoenaed to court and if so if its by hand i know i have to show up but if its served by mail can i still get in trouble also i don't want to testify against him what should i do i cant see him in jail all his life that's not right for a lie i have told. i need help.

You say you lied.

Maybe you did lie then, or maybe you're lying now to save him.

If you change your story, you'll probably be charged with giving a false statement to police. If these statement(s) were not given under oath it is considered a fourth degree offense. But, if they were under oath, it could perjury, a felony crime in your future.

Giving a false statement to police authorities that you know to be false, and it was not under oath, therefore not given under penalty of perjury, it is considered a disorderly persons offense. This could include a possible jail sentence of up to six months and a fine of up to $1,000. You admit to doing this more than once.

In New Jersey, if you testify as to falsehoods, that is considered perjury. That raises the stakes. Forget this guy, tell the truth. You are playing a dangerous game.

Perjury, under New Jersey law, occurs when someone intentionally makes a false statement under oath. This includes making a false statement in a sworn written document, orally at trial, or at a deposition. It could also apply while giving testimony in a grand jury proceeding, or making false statements to police or authorities.

The false statement must also have been material or substantial enough that it affected, or would have affected, the outcome of a case.

Other instances of perjury can include false representations made on a college application or tax form, if under oath.

The penalties and categories for perjury depend upon the context in which the intentional false testimony, statement or representation is made.

You are worrying about him. You might want to worry about yourself. This could land YOU in prison. So, be very, very careful about recanting, especially if you're lying.

If you are arrested or charged with perjury, immediately contact a criminal defense attorney. Depending upon the context in which the alleged statement was made, you could be facing serious jail, or even PRISON time. The consequences of such a conviction is that it could permanently remain on your criminal record.

After your arrest, do not volunteer any statements or give any information to the police or anyone else about the facts of your case, and say that you will only speak to your own attorney.

If in custody, refrain from talking to any other inmates or persons in detention about your case, or give any details to anyone on a phone.

A criminal conviction (especially a FELONY CONVICTION) can seriously affect your ability to find or retain employment, find housing, obtain credit, travel, obtain a professional license, negatively affect your applications to schools, and hamper your immigration status if you are not a citizen.

Only an experienced criminal defense attorney can ensure that your rights are protected and can carefully examine and explain your rights and related options.

Last edited:
Yes I understand everything and yes I need to think about myself and my children
I cannot go to jail for this and again yes i did lie on him but at the same time changing my story my be messed up in court and cause some other actions that i am not ready for i just feel bad about the jail time he is going to face i have no money and also i dont need anything like that on my record and my chidren i do have thank you for the advice again

Interesting how one can justify sending another to jail for her crime. Foster Care can take of the children while the real criminal is locked up.

Interesting how one can justify sending another to jail for her crime. Foster Care can take of the children while the real criminal is locked up.

You could get two messages from that story.
I'm inclined to believe the truth was told first.
Now that Bobby Brutality is going to the big house for a couple decades, Polly Pureblood would rather that not happen. So, a recantation is being considered.

Cold feet occurs frequently in these kinds of matters.

Come on, two decades without being knocked around every night, kinda tough to live without BRUISED BLACK & BLUE LOVE.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back