Need help with mentally ill parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anghulk

I have a mother who is mentally ill and not seeking the correct treatment. She has abbused me for over 3 months now and I think I need to look for solutions. She often does not buy food for me and cancels doctor and surgury apointments as "punishment". She has memory problems that have resulted in her spending money without knowing it later. She is very violent at points and often cries over very simple things such as a pair of pants falling on the floor. She has pills in a drawer that she eats like candy. Please help.

Originally posted by ang_hulk
I have a mother who is mentally ill and not seeking the correct treatment. She has abbused me for over 3 months now and I think I need to look for solutions. She often does not buy food for me and cancels doctor and surgury apointments as "punishment". She has memory problems that have resulted in her spending money without knowing it later. She is very violent at points and often cries over very simple things such as a pair of pants falling on the floor. She has pills in a drawer that she eats like candy. Please help.
How old are you? If you are a minor or under 18, as I am assuming without knowing more, then you should seek help from a guidance counselor in school. They have them in every public school I have seen and this is likely the best place to start. As painful as this may be I think you realize that your mother really needs the help and will likely need long term assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back