Assault & Battery Need help with death threat issue FAST PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazycannuk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O.K my husband and I had a domestic dispute and he was arrested but 1st brought to the psych ward for trying to injure himself. I had to go collect social assistance to support my kids and they told me I had to file for custody. I had the papers drawn up and when I realized it was going to cost $ I had a friend serve him in the hospital. She told me that as she was leaving he hugged her and she said hang in there and he said I'll hang myself alright but only after I hang the wife and kids first. I called and asked him if he stuck by what he had said to her and he said yes so I freaked and hung up, he called right back and I was screaming at him saying your gonna hurt me and the kids screw U buddy and I heard him say ( so I thought ) Im gonna get you's, thats what I wrote in my statement to police. He is refusing to plead guilty to this charge because he said he never said any such thing. he said that he told my friend that he was gonna hang himself alright only after he seen me and the kids. and he said that to me he didnt say Im gonna get yous he said I dont get you's ( meaning me and my friend. ) If the police asked in the written statement are you sure this is what was said and we wrote yes what implications can me and my girlfriend have if we say now we arent 100% sure and that its possible he said what he is saying he said?

If you were wrong, you were wrong. It's better to say that you have second thoughts then to lie. But, are you having second thoughts because he has convinced you that he did not make the statements? Or, are you having second thoughts because you truly do not recall that he said what you thought at the time?

- Carl

I was very surprised at the time it was said because in all the years I've been with this man he has never once laid a finger on me or my children...I truely think my girlfriend and I may have been mistaken. Im just worried about the consiquences about saying we may have been wrong. The police and the victim witness unit has not been very co-operative with me at all. They are treating me like a teenager who doesn't know whats right for my own life. No matter what when this is all done we will reconcile but they are doing everything they can to stop that. 1st time ever in trouble with the law and that man has been in jail for 10 days now. they are also charging him with mischief for breaking his own computer, assault for chest bumping me ( because I wouldn't move out of his way ) I landed on a bed, and assault with a weapon for tripping on a printer at the top of the stairs, the printer slid in my direction so assault with a weapon I think not. Even if it would have hit me it would have bumped my shin. lolThe police also took my statement at 5:30am while I was angry, worried for his health after taking the bottle of pills and INTOXICATED...It's ALL just completely wrong. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back