Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI need help on detainers from one county to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne1367

My BF was arrested on a DUI charge. Was set bail but has a detainer on him for probation violation from another county. How long should it take to get that detainer lifted. Is it true that the PO from the other county can lift the detainer? Also was told that for me to pay his bail was useless because he still would not get out of jail until his detainer was lifted in the other county and they could take ther good old time if they wanted to. Is this true or is there a time limit on how long he should have for a hearing, in this other county? It has been three weeks since he has been incarcerated and has just finally received paper work from the county that has the detainer on him to sign. His PO said he is to sign it and send it back ASAP then they can set him up a hearing. But not until he has signed this paperwork. They already know he has broke probation, why do they have to wait on his signature?
I am a very upset girlfriend. He made a mistake and has to take forever when I could get him out and have him home where he belongs. I see judges and county officials getting picked up for DUI all the time around here and they aren't sitting in jail!!! Very Frustrated:mad: The jail is also way over crowded do to Govenor Rendells ban on parole releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back