need help fast!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreajh28

I hadnt pushed this bc i didnt know I might possibly have a legit claim. 3 months ago a friend and I co-signed a 6 month lease wtih an apartment complex. I paid the depsit and first months rent, with agreemnts he would pay to have the other utilities turned on. Exaclty 2 days after moving in he informed me that he was staying at home and not moving in with me. He hasnt lived one day in the apartment and only has attempted once to give a portion of money he owes me for half rent so far, and mind you I didnt get it either bc the bank wont cash the check he gave me due to him being negative. I have all signed documnts for the lease, i have money order and bank stubs were I have paid the rent, and even the complex is willing to state that he never moved in and who paid the depoit and rent . Do I have somthing here? If so what do I do?

If he signed the lease then he is accountable for rent until you find new roomate. However you must make a reasonable effort to find new roomate. It would also help if you posted your state as state laws vary.

llive in TN....i have tried finding a room mate...even tried to down grade to a one bed room. but bc of contact with the complex i have to stay in this apartment for 6 months then i can break the year contract and down grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back