need help fast on how to quick deed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JENNYCOX

my mom and stepdad built this house 5 yrs ago. and they just refinanced to a 15 yr mortgage. in jan he pasted away and my mom didnt want to live in the house anymore. so i agreed that i would buy the house from her. my credit is not the greatest so i would loose the great interest rate. so she said that i could be quick deeded onto the house. but we dont know how to go about doing it. we talked to a couple of people and everyone had something different to advise about it. can we just get the quick deed form and have it noterized? or do we have to pay docket stamps(what are doc stamps) and go to the courthouse? do i have to change over the insurance to my name? what about the title? we need help fast with this because my mom was just told that she has barrets esoughus(throught cancer). and shes worried that if something happens that we will loose the house.. please help:confused: :confused:

This does not seem like a simple answer. You also have the issue of a mortgage and I don't know how everything was set up. Something tells me that the mortgage holder will likely be involved. Have you contacted them?

JENNYCOX said:
my mom and stepdad built this house 5 yrs ago. and they just refinanced to a 15 yr mortgage. in jan he pasted away and my mom didnt want to live in the house anymore. so i agreed that i would buy the house from her. my credit is not the greatest so i would loose the great interest rate. so she said that i could be quick deeded onto the house. but we dont know how to go about doing it. we talked to a couple of people and everyone had something different to advise about it. can we just get the quick deed form and have it noterized? or do we have to pay docket stamps(what are doc stamps) and go to the courthouse? do i have to change over the insurance to my name? what about the title? we need help fast with this because my mom was just told that she has barrets esoughus(throught cancer). and shes worried that if something happens that we will loose the house.. please help:confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back