Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Need help and answers immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezmariah21

About a year ago I was accused of shop lifting along with 5 other friends. three of them were stealing and caught with stolen products on them. Myself and other two friends were not stealing and when searched the lp guy (who was very aggressive and intimidating) did not find anything on us (because we were not stealing). anyway he said that he had reason to believe that we had stole with our friends and either he couldn't find it or we had put it back. He took down all of our information and when myself and the other two innocent people refused to sign the papers he threatened to call the police. My 3 guilty friends started to cry n act a fool begging us to sign the papers to avoid the cops being called n their parents finding out. So we all signed the papers for the guilty ones sake and because the lp guy said it was just a warning. The cops were never called n we were not banned from the store. Now I found out about this retail theft database and now I'm wondering if my name could be in this system. it wasnt a big deal to me then,i looked at it as me being a good friend (now more like a BIG DUMMY) to my friends. That store has now gone out of business. What are the chances of my name being in the retail theft database? Even though the store no longer exists. I reside in IL and was 18 at the time.
lesson learned you can be guilty by association. And never admit to something you did not do, sadly only 3 of us remained friends.

If the store was a subscriber to said database then there is a 99% chance your in there. Without knowing if store was subscriber we really cannot say much more than that

What about now that the store has gone out of business? Shouldnt that information be deleted as well? This has the potential to ruin my life. How can I get my named removed if the store no longer exists?

The store's status has nothing to do with database. Once the info is there it stays there for 7 years approx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back