Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Need any type of legal advice desperate for help for my brother facing 15 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzo206

Hello below I've written a summary about the case please give me any type of legal feedback you can. It's GREATLY appreciated. Also please let us know the steps and grounds for an appeal. Thank you soo much
My brother Mike was arrested December 2,2008 in Bronx County. Mike found a wallet on the ground that belonged to an elderly woman that was assaulted and robbed. She was in the elevator of her building when two guys entered and got into the elevator with her. When she tried to get out she was pushed and slammed and her pursed was snatched. The suspects fled the scene and people in the building heard her screaming and there were three 911 calls. Two which they say the suspects were Hispanic or light skin black males. Mike also was with a friend at the time of his arrest whom he had met up with a few minutes after he picked up the wallet and they were going somewhere and were getting a cab when detectives hopped out searched them. They found the wallet on Mike and it had nothing but ID in it. He told them he found it but they cuffed them put them in the car and took them right to ambulance where victim was there with another detective. They then let her know they caught the suspects without a clear "JUST" ID she should have been able to ID with out cuffs and with out being told ANYTHING. Mikes friend who was with him had on a work uniform with his work ID around his neck wouldn't that make detectives look a little more into this??? Who would rob someone wearing that?? Mike said he found the wallet why not dust it for prints??? They were beat up and Mike awaited trial for 25 months on Rikers Island before he was bailed out December of 2010 and went back and forth to court until his trial. Mike was then facing Robbery 1 and Robbery 2. Pretrial hearings began and the judge offered him a plea deal of 7 1/2 years, Mike declined and the judge proceeded to let him know he would most certainly get more than that if he loss his case. On the stand lies where told and exposed, Mike's lawyer got over ruled for everything, but we were still confident. The jury went back and forth and told the judge they wouldn't agree on a verdict. After one full day of deliberating, the judge informed them it would have to be several days of debate before it can be declared a hung jury. They then came in a few minutes later with a decision. Robbery 1 not guilty Robbery 2 guilty. The judge has made his bail $100,000, so Mike is awaiting his sentencing at the Vernon C. Bain Center in Bronx,NY. Mike is a great person and we feel horrible that he is experiencing this. We also wanna express that we feel terrible about what happened to the victim and do in fact believe she was assaulted and robbed, we just do not believe that Michael Jordan is guilty of this. He will be sentenced Thursday, December 1st, 2011, please help in ANY way you can, it is very much appreciated.

He can't appeal until he has been sentenced.

The appeal will be based on what transpired at trial.

Nothing in your post provides me with anything positive to say about an appeal.

If anything, your commentary affirms the conviction.

Be forewarned that very few criminal convictions are overturned.

The jury's verdict does not make sense. They just wanted to go home. If he wasn't guilty of Robbery 1, how could he be guilty of robbery 2? The jury made a compromise. Either he was there or he wasn't. The other issue to look at is why would he have a wallet with ONLY ID in it? Did he have the contents of the wallet? If not it is pretty obvious that he found the wallet and more than likely would have returned it to it's owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back