Need answer ASAP to Vehicle Title transfer question in FLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegallyBlondeFL

Can I transfer my minor son's title to the car I bought for him into my name without his signature? We are both insured to drive it but I need to take it out of his name since his license is suspended and I can't locate him. Tag renewal is due next month, and I need to transfer insurance coverage so that I am the sole driver as I can't afford the extremely inflated rates I'm paying for him despite the fact he hasn't been allowed to drive the car for over a month now. The keys have been taken away from him, and I have possession of the car, his driver's license, the vehicle registration, and the title, although I did have it put in his name when I bought it for him. Can I sign it over to myself by signing my name followed by "for a minor child"? The car will be towed by the landlord of my residence when the tag expires, and I can't afford the high cost of the insurance I'm paying for a driver who isn't even allowed to use the car. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to legally take over ownership of it since he is still under 18? Thanks to anyone who can give me some insight on how to do this short of forgery of his signature. I don't need any legal hassles from a degenerate who has done nothing but financially drain me since the day I foolishly gave my parental consent to drive. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back