need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sodapop

I met a man on the internet and he is claiming that He was put in prison for 10 years for Rape. He said that he did not force this person to have sex with him that She was underage and that is rape. But I dont understand the laws about these things, I know thats its very wrong, but im wondering if it was due to her being underage why would he get so much time is that concidered rape, and he also said that he had to take a sexual defenders program for this. He is 32 now just got out in 2000. Im really confused on this, and Im not sure if I should trust this person or not. He seems really sweet and careing. but, I have two children and of course im trying to protect them as well as myself but Im not sure to beleive this person or not. I just dont know the laws about underage sex so that i know to beleive him. plz let me know what I should do. Thank you:confused: :confused:

Last edited:
The law makes it unlawful to have sex with an underage person because they are not mature enough to understand and appreciate the consequence of such actions and the influence of one who is an adult. It makes sense. Imagine an older man coaxing the typical, insecure teenage freshman into sex. She is "willing" but does she really understand and appreciate what is going on? High school is a tough time and there is little responsibility or appreciation for much that goes on in the adult world. It's a part of growing up. As a result, there is a desire to not have those with more life experience take advantage of someone who is at an age where the amount of experience is suspect. Thus, a 25 year old cannot have sex with a 14 year old. Does that make sense?

Originally posted by sodapop
I met a man on the internet and he is claiming that He was put in prison for 10 years for Rape. He said that he did not force this person to have sex with him that She was underage and that is rape. But I dont understand the laws about these things, I know thats its very wrong, but im wondering if it was due to her being underage why would he get so much time is that concidered rape, and he also said that he had to take a sexual defenders program for this. He is 32 now just got out in 2000. Im really confused on this, and Im not sure if I should trust this person or not. He seems really sweet and careing. but, I have two children and of course im trying to protect them as well as myself but Im not sure to beleive this person or not. I just dont know the laws about underage sex so that i know to beleive him. plz let me know what I should do. Thank you:confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back