Need advice, teacher threatens to fail me if I bring a book to class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjustin

My jurisdiction is: Indiana

My jurisdiction is: Indiana

My english 12 basic teacher requires us to read books in her class from an approved list, I said to her that I' m reading my book. Sword of truth series by terry good kind. I've been reading it since the start of school second book any way. and when I told her I wasnt going to read one of her aproved books, she said If I brought the book back to her classroom again she would fail me, and I wouldent graduate. She said I could transfer to another class, but the problem is she is the only english 12 basic teacher, so she makes the circulum for english 12 and there are no other teachers to transfer to.
can she ban a book like that when the school library has it??

My english 12 basic teacher requires us to read books in her class from an approved list, I said to her that I' m reading my book.

What, you can't read one book in class and your book elsewhere? That's an interesting ultimatum to give a teacher.

she said If I brought the book back to her classroom again she would fail me, and I wouldent graduate

That sounds like hyperbole.

You want to get a grade in English 12, read a book that's on the curriculum while you're in the class. You're free to read Sword of Truth on your own time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back