Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Need advice so I can join Air Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdownzach

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Pennsylvania

I am 18 years old, and I went up to a college and got in trouble. I just received today citations for underage transport/consume/purchase, and a public drunkenness.

I am leaving for basic training for the Air Force in December, and I can not go with a Public Drunkenness on my record. The underage is fine however. My recruiter today told me that what I should do, is plead not guilty to both of the charges, and try to get the judge to clear the public drunkenness, and ask if he can put the community service, or whatever, on the underage charge.

The air force will not let me in, even if the public drunkenness goes off my record with community service or anything like that, it needs to completely go off.

Other than sincerely admitting to my mistake and letting the judge know that I can not go into the military with a Public Drunkenness on my record, is there anything else I can do? I'm not sure if I need a lawyer or not. My step dad said it might be a good idea to attach a letter to the citations when I mail them back saying what situation I'm currently in.

You can try to get a reduced charge to something the Air Force would accept. You could also ask to have the matter dismissed entirely due to impending military service. Many prosecutors will drop it, if you ask nicely and you're going into the military.

A lawyer is worth consulting. The initial consult is usually free. It might cost a few bucks, but paying the lawyer $500 to make it disappear might be the easiest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back