Need advice quick!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalehmer

I recently drove off a gas station/car wash lot without paying for the car wash or the gas....what's the worst that can happen to me? The car wash employee did record my plate number before washing my car. Im sure people do this kind of thing all the time, right? please help.......

I worked at a gas station for 2 years. If they have your plate number they have called the police. If this was an accident, then I would call the store, and tell the story, offer to pay for everything and aplogize. It happened once or twice to me like that. And I took the money. Problem being some store policies dont allow this. Especialy if its a major chain.

So, if you want to make it right, call the manager and explain the situation.

If they did get your plate, and its out of the hands in terms of charging you, in NC, where I live, I know you can loose your license, get fines and community service.

lisalehmer said:

I recently drove off a gas station/car wash lot without paying for the car wash or the gas....what's the worst that can happen to me? The car wash employee did record my plate number before washing my car. Im sure people do this kind of thing all the time, right? please help.......
Let's see, umm, loss of license, fines, jail time...., you know this is the kind of thing that causes us all to have to pay more money for goods and services. People get the mentality that since everyone else is doing it, I might as well too. My only hope is that you realize that this is wrong and that you have no intention of ever doing it again, but you still will have to face the consequences of your actions. If it's your first offense the Judge will usually impose a minimal sentence; fines and probation, suspended jail sentence, license suspension. At any rate, hope you've learned your lesson.

stevesrm1995 said:
Let's see, umm, loss of license, fines, jail time...., you know this is the kind of thing that causes us all to have to pay more money for goods and services. People get the mentality that since everyone else is doing it, I might as well too. My only hope is that you realize that this is wrong and that you have no intention of ever doing it again, but you still will have to face the consequences of your actions. If it's your first offense the Judge will usually impose a minimal sentence; fines and probation, suspended jail sentence, license suspension. At any rate, hope you've learned your lesson.

Sounds like someone is distributing a Holier than thou attitude. Always remember that Sir Isaac Newton's Law that states for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction doesn't just apply to physicalities. It also applies to your emotions, mentality, behaviors and treament of others. What comes around goes around. You shouldn't throw rocks if you live in glass houses. I've lived long enough to know that once you put another person down or teach them a self-righteous message, something bad will happen in your life to teach you the very same lesson so I'd definitely be on the lookout. If something criminal does happen to you Steve, will you promise to post it here so we can check it out, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back