Need advice on Supplier sueing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saskwash

A past supplier is sueing me for $2500.00. In short, i owed over 21thousand to them, paid off around $19thousand then found shady billings. (One was a piece that was never made or picked up) (Two, was a credit that was applied then taken away then reapplied and retaken away over 1 yrs time to my account.)
I phoned and talked to the supplier long before this case was filed with the court. They told me that if there was any money owing they would contact me.....A year later I get a summons. We also found 4 invoices from them for the same material that was billed with 4 different amounts. The one they are submitting to the court does not match the 3 we have either.

What do I do?
PS: They are also sueing me (my correct name) but have the wrong company name on the papers. They list my company as a D/B/A which is wrong it is not my BDA, I am incorporated. They put wrong company name on all their invoices.

Any quick advice? I need to turn in my pretrial statement by monday.

saskwash said:
A past supplier is sueing me for $2500.00. In short, i owed over 21thousand to them, paid off around $19thousand then found shady billings. (One was a piece that was never made or picked up) (Two, was a credit that was applied then taken away then reapplied and retaken away over 1 yrs time to my account.)
I phoned and talked to the supplier long before this case was filed with the court. They told me that if there was any money owing they would contact me.....A year later I get a summons. We also found 4 invoices from them for the same material that was billed with 4 different amounts. The one they are submitting to the court does not match the 3 we have either.

What do I do?
PS: They are also sueing me (my correct name) but have the wrong company name on the papers. They list my company as a D/B/A which is wrong it is not my BDA, I am incorporated. They put wrong company name on all their invoices.

Any quick advice? I need to turn in my pretrial statement by monday.
To begin, you can always go into court and move to dismiss the case. They have sued the wrong party. They should have sued the company. If they claim that you are the person they are doing business with you can and should argue that you have only been doing business as the company -- which I am assuming you are. You aren't "commingling" assets such as using your own personal bank account as your corporate account as well. Thus they must bring suit again against the right company.

With regard to the upcoming suit or any further suit, you might want to send them a letter with regard to your intention to countersue. You should look through your invoices and make sure you have exact numbers. You might want to state to them that you have proof of dishonest dealings (if that is true) and that if they do not withdraw the case and come to an amicable agreement, then you will not only countersue but report their conduct to the state attorney general and take all other remedies available to you.

Again, I am assuming that you have all of this documented and your point of view is not just conjecture and something you plan to come up with to excuse yourself for the last $2,000. Thus you can dismiss the case in the first instance and prepare yourself for what will likely be round two. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back