Criminal Law NCIS and Passports-Do they track

Status
Not open for further replies.

pospete

I have a warrant issued in Pa. I plan on turning myself in late Jan. I have a business trip planned out of the US. I need to close this deal or I will have no money to hire a lawyer and fight the erroneous charge that caused the warrant. It is a summary of misdemeanor traffic violation, but I violated my probation. Is this going to be a wise decision? Does using your passport alert NCIS? Either leaving or coming back?

I would think that for a felony charge or some type of "fugitive" the US could revoke my passport if they wanted to. Not the case here though.

I have a warrant issued in Pa. I plan on turning myself in late Jan. I have a business trip planned out of the US. I need to close this deal or I will have no money to hire a lawyer and fight the erroneous charge that caused the warrant. It is a summary of misdemeanor traffic violation, but I violated my probation. Is this going to be a wise decision? Does using your passport alert NCIS? Either leaving or coming back?

I would think that for a felony charge or some type of "fugitive" the US could revoke my passport if they wanted to. Not the case here though.

I am not advising you to evade the law or break the law.

I do know that most states won't bother extraditing you from neighboring states for traffic warrants or most misdemeanors.

This is especially true during the current depression.

If PA wouldn't extradite you from nearby Ohio, I doubt veryt seriously that US Border Control and Immigration offiocials will take notice of your alleged warrant, IF you decided to leave the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back