NC traffic ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmm1447

I got pulled over for 75 in a 55. It's no excuse, but I was in a pack of people, and just happened to be the poor sap to get hit.

There's no fine or anything on the ticket, I got pulled by a state trooper, and from what I've read, 20 over will basically suspend my license, and raise my insurance to some kind of astronomical rate.

I'm only 19. I've been driving since I was 16, and I've never even had a warning before. I'm pretty much scared out of my mind here, what should I do? I know I should contact a lawyer, but does anyone have any idea what's going to happen? What's the deal with PFJ, would that be a good option?

I admit I was speeding, and even if it was the flow of traffic, it was still wrong, but I pay for my own insurance, gas, and my tuition, and I really can't afford to have my license suspended and insurance go up so high.

Will it really be as bad as I think/it sounds :( ?

I used a PFJ when I was going 75 in a 55. You can use one per household every three years. If you use a PFJ should should receive 0 points on insurance and license. You just need to be careful and not get any more tickets during a 3 year time period. First, hire a good lawyer to help you and explain your situation. The lawyer can go to court for you and plead your case for a PFJ. Also, please slow down. You'll feel better and save alot of money in the future!

I used a PFJ when I was going 75 in a 55. You can use one per household every three years. If you use a PFJ should should receive 0 points on insurance and license. You just need to be careful and not get any more tickets during a 3 year time period. First, hire a good lawyer to help you and explain your situation. The lawyer can go to court for you and plead your case for a PFJ. Also, please slow down. You'll feel better and save alot of money in the future!

I was actually going 70 in a 55, I was at the back of pack. I try not to speed, I normally just keep up with traffic.

Unfortunately, that didn't work out this time.

What about pleading down to 9 mph over? I've been reading about that quite a bit, can I do that?

Call the clerk of court and find out the hours of the prosecutor. If possible go in and talk to him prior to your court date. Ask for the nine over but if not take the PFJ. The members of your household can ony use it once every three years.

I apologize. I understand about the packs. People ride my bumper all the time. Read lwpats recommendation. I recently received a ticket for 69 in a 55. I visited the DA's office the day after it happened and was able to get the ticket reduced to 64 in a 55 with no points on insurance or license. I only had to pay $130.00 at the courthouse.

NC speeding ticket but live in NH

I received a ticket for going 85 in a 70 mph hwy in NC. I live in NH but would like to talk to the DA's office about a "nine over" first and/or PFJ. Do I need to hire a lawyer or could I call them? I have one ticket in NH about 1 year ago for doing a U turn. I am an 18 year old female.

Last edited:
On a forum you always need to start you own thread. Maybe LP will move this for you.

Since you are out of state you do not qualify for a PFJ. First check to see if NH will post this to your record. I am pretty sure they will. You can try calling the prosecutor for a reduction but you will probably have to retain an attorney.

NC speeding ticket but live in NH

Could you please recommend a lawyer in Fayetteville, NC to represent me for a speeding ticket? I am an 18 year old female who lives in NH and have never had a speeding ticket before. The ticket was for going 85 in a 70 mph zone. I would like to ask for a "9 over" plea.

Thanks for any advice and/or recommendations!

Last edited:
Sporty, learn to GOOGLE. Google somethign like "how to beat a ticket". Most of those sites know the ins and outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back